Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Tuesday's Trash to Treasure: Security Blanket

Security Blanket Tutorial
Reuse: Fabric

Materials:
*Fabric
*Sewing machine & supplies
*Iron

_Cut two pieces of fabric to the same length. I did mine about 13" wide & tall (square).
_Pin the two right sides together.

_Cut four pieces to make the tabs. I forget how long I did mine, but they don't have to be very long. 
_Pin right sides together and sew around edges, leaving a small hole to turn inside out. I did not sew the hole shut; I put that end to be sewn on the inside of the blanket. 

_Figure out where you want the tabs, then pin the inside of the square, leaving about 1/4" hanging out. 

_Sew around edges at 5/8", leaving a hole open to pull blanket inside out. Hand sew the hole shut.
_Iron edges flat. You can sew around the edge at 1/4" if you'd like, I did not. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...