1. Most recycling locations do NOT take paint
2. Home Depot & Lowes do NOT take paint
3. Stores like the above sell a product you can put into the paint that will dry it out in less than 24hrs
4. If you leave the lids off of your paint cans they will dry out in 24-48hrs (depending on how much paint there is)
5. There are places that take reusable paint. I've heard they'll mix all the paints together to make one paint, then send it to 3rd world countries.
6. Trash-men cannot take paint in a liquid form (of course if its in a bag I'm not sure how they'd know) :)