Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Tuesday's Trash to Treasure: Holiday CD Decoration

[Holiday] CD Decor Tutorial
Reuse: Old CD's/DVD's

Materials:
*CD's
*Scrapbook Paper
*Ribbon
*Stickers, embellishments
*Scissors
*Hot glue gun
*Mod Podge
*Felt (or letters)

_Decide what you want your CD's to say. I chose "Christmas", so I need 9 CD's. 

_Use holiday-coordinating paper & trace you CD 2xs per print/color (a front & back).


_Cut out your circles.

_Apply the Mod Podge to the back sides of the paper & adhere to the front & backs of each CD.
_Let dry. I put mine under heavy books to help keep them flat. 


_Next you apply your letters ~ I used felt to make mine. If you use paper or something other than felt, you can apply a layer of Mod Podge over the letters & CD to help seal it all together. I skipped this step on mine. 
_Decorate each CD with stickers, ribbon, bows, etc...

_Finally you need to attach the CD's together. I did mine like garland that can be hung vertically. You can attach it however you like: vertically, horizontally, or even single-hung. 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...